Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ironing

Learned something new today:

Place aluminum foil under your ironing board cover, so you can press both the top & bottom at the same time when ironing things like polo shirts, slacks, jeans.

I've got some wide commercial foil, so gonna try it. Would be nice not to have to flip things over & iron the back side!
    Last edited by Gini Smith; 02-12-2018, 01:14 AM.
    Gini
    "We could learn a lot from CRAYONS; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box."

Let me know how well that works, please. I avoid ironing at all costs!
    Elsa

Years ago my mother used to say to me -- she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" -- she always called me Elwood. "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me. [From the movie Harvey.]
    Left the CS CRF with 21364 posts.

Comment

I don't mind ironing at all. I made the spare bedroom into a sewing/craft/beading room. I love being in that room.

Comment

Loopy3505 I don't mind ironing either, but being able to iron both sides at the same time would be nice! I still iron pillowcases (though not sheets anymore) & dish towels, etc. We used to call them "flats" when I was a kid. Years ago, Avon sold aerosol sprays that I used to iron bed linens. Loved them! My favs were apple and strawberry.

Haven't had time yet to install the foil, but will report back on my results.
        Gini
        "We could learn a lot from CRAYONS; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box."

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy3505 View Post
          I don't mind ironing at all. I made the spare bedroom into a sewing/craft/beading room. I love being in that room.
          I think I would enjoy ironing a lot more if the ironing board weren't tucked in a dark corner next to the water heater in the basement. I'm in an old house, and visits to the basement are pretty much for laundry only.
          Elsa

Years ago my mother used to say to me -- she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" -- she always called me Elwood. "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me. [From the movie Harvey.]
          Left the CS CRF with 21364 posts.

Comment

I turn on the TV and watch it while I iron.

Comment

Working...
            X