Legal Discussions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Discussions

Where would the best place be to discuss national legal issues?

If it involves reporting, I'd put it under Reporting Issues; if not, Off the Record.
    Gini
    "We could learn a lot from CRAYONS; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box."

Comment

Joseph, I'm not sure if you're a court reporter or not. We're really not in the legal field, really. We cover depositions and trials to produce the written transcripts from those.

There are a number of Forumania pages that are political. Is that what you're looking to discuss? If it's national political and legal discussion, I agree with Gini that Off the Record is probably the best spot.
      Last edited by edgecsr; 02-14-2018, 08:23 AM.
      Elsa

Years ago my mother used to say to me -- she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" -- she always called me Elwood. "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me. [From the movie Harvey.]
      Left the CS CRF with 21364 posts.

Comment

I was thinking of a question such as if two courts issue opposite rulings that conflict with each other, how would that conflict be resolved. I wasn't sure where to post such a question.

Comment

Joseph:

We don't really have a legal forum anywhere on Forumania at the moment. News has a Law, Crime, and Ethics section, so that might be a good place to start. (And I see this is an old question, so perhaps you've already found your way there. Sorry for the delay!)

Comment

Working...
          X