Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a setting to email notification of replies to threads?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a setting to email notification of replies to threads?

Perhaps it's in the Message Center? I see "Subscriptions" and "Posts" but don't know how to subscribe to a thread/post. Thanks.

I think you will get notification if you even like a post. I'll take a look and see exactly where the setting is.

If you click on your username in the upper right-hand corner, User Settings, Notifications. You can make selections there.
    Elsa

Years ago my mother used to say to me -- she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" -- she always called me Elwood. "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me. [From the movie Harvey.]
    Left the CS CRF with 21364 posts.

Comment

Thanks, Elsa!

Comment

Laurie Boucke:

Did you figure out settings well enough for what you want?

You can go to the forum home page and then click on a section, and just above the list of messages, you'll see a Subscribe button. That will generate an e-mail for you whenever anyone posts anything in that section.

Otherwise, by default, as long as you used a valid e-mail address when you signed up, you'll get a notification whenever someone uses @ plus your name to link to you (as I did at the top of this message) or whenever someone uses the quote feature when writing a message. You can toggle both notification features on or off in your personal profile.

The best way to acknowledge that you've seen this message is to click reply, start typing @tim, and when "Timothy J. McGowan" appears in the popup, press enter (or arrow down to the right name and then press Enter). You needn't do so, of course. Just a demonstration of how it works. Pretty cool, I think!

Comment

Timothy J. McGowan

Yes, I managed to get the forum to advise me of replies to specific threads.

Thanks for the additional info. I followed your instructions for replying and assume the final step is to click "Post Reply" so here goes

Comment

Laurie Boucke

Oh, yeah, of course you still want to post the reply. Oops!

Comment

Working...
            X