COZY NEW HOME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COZY NEW HOME

Welcome everyone. The new furniture is in and thenew paint smell is still on the walls. As with any new construction we might have a few glitches but we will fix them as soon as possible. I think that everyone is going to be very comfortable here and we should have a lot of fun. Remember be polite to each other and treat others with respect.

sign in, explore and let’s work toward BLUE WAVE NEXT FALL.

It wasn't very cozy being locked out until just now. Hope that's the last of the major bugs.

Comment

Well, I finally got in. This a second attempt at a reply. First reply didn't stick, said it was unapproved! This is not a cozy home.

Comment

Fourth attempt. Looks like the 1st two were approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Path O. Logic View Post
          It wasn't very cozy being locked out until just now. Hope that's the last of the major bugs.
          Just curious. What do you mean by 'locked out'? No one was locked out. Nor did we have any sort of issue with people not being able to get in. So we didn't fix what wasn't broken. We did remove some private folders, but all FMs were notified about that. And it only affected flagged users.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by merzi View Post

Just curious. What do you mean by 'locked out'? No one was locked out. Nor did we have any sort of issue with people not being able to get in. So we didn't fix what wasn't broken. We did remove some private folders, but all FMs were notified about that. And it only affected flagged users.

Thanks!

Locked out in that Democratic Forum treated me the same as if I hadn't logged in at all, i.e. no posting allowed. All other forums showed "post new" and "reply." Something different about this particular forum. Problem is now gone, but was it fixed just for me or are others still treated that way?

Comment

I believe it has been fixed for everyone. Ironically, the reason you were locked out, as you put it, is because you were put on staff here. One obscure setting got reversed, and so even though you quite clearly had permission to post and edit and move threads, the forum software was keeping its fingers crossed behind its back.

Comment

Locked out in that Democratic Forum treated me the same as if I hadn't logged in at all, i.e. no posting allowed. All other forums showed "post new" and "reply." Something different about this particular forum. Problem is now gone, but was it fixed just for me or are others still treated that way?
                What Tim said. Growing pains while we all learned the new forum software. Sorry you had some grief. You were not the only staff member to have the message posting problem, and not the only forum. The good thing is it did not affect non staff members. Everyone is good to go now.

Comment

Actually, Merzi, I find this software much easier and faster than the old software. I am able to post much faster,upload pictures faster.

Comment

Originally posted by merzi View Post

What Tim said. Growing pains while we all learned the new forum software. Sorry you had some grief. You were not the only staff member to have the message posting problem, and not the only forum. The good thing is it did not affect non staff members. Everyone is good to go now.
                    No, it DID affect non-staff members. I know. I was locked out before anyone knew who I was to make me "staff." Our low numbers of posters is evidence people came and left, and probably won't ever return. THAT's why I was upset.

Comment

Path! You were never locked out, and you did have a flag. Email me. This isn’t private section

Comment

No, it DID affect non-staff members. I know. I was locked out before anyone knew who I was to make me "staff." Our low numbers of posters is evidence people came and left, and probably won't ever return. THAT's why I was upset.
                        What Toby said.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobster1111 View Post
                          Actually, Merzi, I find this software much easier and faster than the old software. I am able to post much faster,upload pictures faster.
                          I am glad you feel good using it. I am truly amazed at how many messages of good will and happiness with the software has been posted across the forums. I really expected more complaints. The few complaints we have gotten are for exactly the same thing, not being able to move to the next message thread without backing up. And that, thankfully, will should be able to get 'fixed' up the road.

I was also fairly amazed at how much traffic we have had over this holiday season. Historically, users stay out of the forums and message numbers drop at this time. I could not think of a worse time to launch a new home for us. But it is what it is, and people came. I am still getting emails from people looking for us. Mid to late January will give us more true numbers. So far, I see the same people posting I have always seen posting. We have a heavy crowd of posters, a much heavier crowd of lurkers. Same as we did at the other place.

Comment

Originally posted by -mz View Post

What Toby said.

Yeah, Toby said that, but she wasn't me. She can't speak for what I experienced. I couldn't post in the Dem Forum at all, couldn't even attempt to post at the beginning.

Thanks for all your help, Merzi. But I hope you understand my initial problem was not related to being "staff."

Last edited by Path O. Logic; 12-30-2017, 10:17 AM.

Comment

-mz Are you seeing the same ballpark posting and/or lurking traffic here on the new platform that you saw at the old place?

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                                -mz Are you seeing the same ballpark posting and/or lurking traffic here on the new platform that you saw at the old place?
                                We could see numbers or at least lists of people by date before. Do you know of anything like that now?

Donald Trump tweets he deleted:
                                • The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
                                • He [Obama] lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!
                                • More votes equals a loss...revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                                  Pardon? I don't know what ballpark posting means.

As for traffic here, sorry, that's proprietary information.

Comment

Working...
                                  X