2nd Amendment Right to Bear ICBM's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Amendment Right to Bear ICBM's?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

You can't have a section for constitution and government without a discussion of the 2nd Amendment. So, let's have one!

It's the placement of the commas, right? Isn't that what it always comes down to? That the commas sort of separate the thoughts, so that people believe the phrases stand alone to support their point of gun ownership, while others see one continuous thought that cannot be de-linked?

It's been recently proposed by some that we should repeal the 2nd Amendment because it's an anachronism, applicable only to a bygone era, hopelessly unrelated to the modern world. What do you think?

Rich

Any sentence is one and only one thought. It might have modifiers, but it is not two or more separate ideas. In the case of the 2nd, the SCOTUS had ruled for about 200 years it was not the absolute right the nuts are now claiming. Reasonable restrictions have always been upheld by the SCOTUS.

Personally, I see no reason for 'bump-stocks' or other automatic weapons in the hands of amateurs. They certainly are not for hunting food.
    But Tea Baggers, alt-right (American Nazi Party, Aryan Nation, White Power, etc) members, and RWNs are not very bright. Proof? They were told in 2008 that if Obama were elected he would take their guns. So they flocked to the stores like lemmings to buy more expensive guns. Think about that. They are positive their guns are going to be taken so they spend a lot of money on guns that they are sure will be taken from them. Not very bright.
    Then the same idiots were told in 2012 that if President Obama were re-elected that he would take their guns from them. These morons forgot that they heard the exact same thing only four years before and it never happened and was never attempted, but they believed it again. So the lemmings flocked to the stores to buy ammo for the guns they were sure would be taken from them. How bright is that to spend a lot of money on something you are sure is going to be taken from you?
    Since that group proved it's pretty stupid, twice, I'm going to let them in on a secret. Your guns weren't taken in 2008 and they weren't taken in 2012. The NRA briefly tried the same thing in 2016 saying Clinton would take their guns if she was elected. But even the stupidest of people can learn and there wasn't a run on guns or ammo this time.

I would rather mentally challenged people not have guns. Trump reversed the Obama rule that if you are mentally challenged you can't have a gun. To me that is insane.

I would rather ICBMs, atomic bombs, and advanced military grade weapons not be available to the public. No assault rifle knock-off that can be converted to full assault in 10 minutes for $50.

Donald Trump tweets he deleted:
    • The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
    • He [Obama] lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!
    • More votes equals a loss...revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
      Any sentence is one and only one thought. It might have modifiers, but it is not two or more separate ideas. In the case of the 2nd, the SCOTUS had ruled for about 200 years it was not the absolute right the nuts are now claiming. Reasonable restrictions have always been upheld by the SCOTUS.

I would rather ICBMs, atomic bombs, and advanced military grade weapons not be available to the public. No assault rifle knock-off that can be converted to full assault in 10 minutes for $50.
      You mean, we can't even have ICBM's to defend ourselves? I mean, I know they're a bit expensive for most people, and Cabellas doesn't carry them - yet. But if Kim Jong Un can have them why not honest, God-fearing Americans??

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post

You mean, we can't even have ICBM's to defend ourselves? I mean, I know they're a bit expensive for most people, and Cabellas doesn't carry them - yet. But if Kim Jong Un can have them why not honest, God-fearing Americans??
        I know it is a big let down. And I'm sure some gun nut somewhere is crying in his beer right now how terrible it is that he can't have at least tactical nuclear weapons. Perhaps he can run down to the local mom and pop nuclear power plant and get the materials himself?

• He [Obama] lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!

Comment

I know it is a big let down. And I'm sure some gun nut somewhere is crying in his beer right now how terrible it is that he can't have at least tactical nuclear weapons. Perhaps he can run down to the local mom and pop nuclear power plant and get the materials himself?
          LOL......!

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post

LOL......!
            Don't laugh. There's probably some who feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Path O. Logic View Post

Don't laugh. There's probably some who feel that way.
              No doubt..!

Comment

Would anyone support completely outlawing the ownership and possession of handguns everywhere in the United States outside of law enforcement and the military?

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
                  Would anyone support completely outlawing the ownership and possession of handguns everywhere in the United States outside of law enforcement and the military?
                  Anyone? Probably. I doubt anyone here would with one possible exception.

Do you agree that mentally deranged people should have access to any gun they want?

Do you agree that everyone should have access to tactical nuclear weapons, flame throwers, and ICBMs?

Comment

Anyone? Probably. I doubt anyone here would with one possible exception.

Do you agree that mentally deranged people should have access to any gun they want?

Do you agree that everyone should have access to tactical nuclear weapons, flame throwers, and ICBMs?
                    I agree those people shouldn't have guns. And no one should have those WMDs.

Comment

Working...
                    X