Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are You Going to Delete Your Facebook Account?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Going to Delete Your Facebook Account?

What are you planning on doing about your Facebook account?
    I am going to follow directions to delete it.
    6.67%
    I am going to continue posting as usual.
    46.67%
    I am going to wait and see what happens.
    20.00%
    I haven’t decided what to do.
    6.67%
    Other? Please leave a reply.
    20.00%

Can't wait to see if I'm one of the 87 million that Steve Bannon's company, Cambridge Analytica or whatever they call the branch in America, took our information.
    Donald Trump tweets he deleted:
    • The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
    • He [Obama] lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!
    • More votes equals a loss...revolution!

Comment

I deleted my FB account. I rarely used it anyway because I was always concerned with the privacy angle and hassled my grandkids nonstop about putting their lives on FB, especially letting the entire world know they were not home or on vacation, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by -mz View Post
        I deleted my FB account. I rarely used it anyway because I was always concerned with the privacy angle and hassled my grandkids nonstop about putting their lives on FB, especially letting the entire world know they were not home or on vacation, whatever.
        Chama: I don't have one and never have. It's just as easy -- for me anyway -- to communicate directly by E-mail with family and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Chama View Post

Chama: I don't have one and never have. It's just as easy -- for me anyway -- to communicate directly by E-mail with family and friends.
          I was too much of a CS forum person to have much use for FB. All of my family lived on the same road I did, all of us in and out of each other's homes, so FB didn't make sense to me. My friends were on CS. Of course, all the younger ones in my family raced to FB and told all there.

Comment

Originally posted by -mz View Post

I was too much of a CS forum person to have much use for FB. All of my family lived on the same road I did, all of us in and out of each other's homes, so FB didn't make sense to me. My friends were on CS. Of course, all the younger ones in my family raced to FB and told all there.
            Chama: I have a sister-in-law who was on Facebook and her boss, who was a very intrusive person, wanted my SIL to "friend" her. You can see where that would lead!

Comment

I don't do facebook, so nothing for me to delete. But if I did have an account, I wouldn't delete it, anyway. You can't hide in the internet age, and I already get targeted advertising, and I'm sure my data has already been long since gathered by whoever wants it.

Comment

If someone were to look at my account, you would find I follow memories of my home town, the County Democratic party, Electric cars, and an inordinate number of trips to boxers (the dog) sites. If you went to YouTube you would find an inordinate number of boxer threads, "instant Karma" videos and every late night show site when I get the videos on my web page, http://www.LiberalsWin.com.

If you went to the dictionary you would find my photo as the only definition needed for boring.
                Donald Trump tweets he deleted:
                • The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
                • He [Obama] lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!
                • More votes equals a loss...revolution!

Comment

I have minimal information entered to set up the account and have access to the page pretty well restricted so only I can post. I use the registration to see what others are posting as some groups I belong to make a post on Facebook instead of sending emails to 100+ recipents. I do not have FB on my phone.

From what I have read, if you did not load a particular app, the information was not harvested.
                  David Wilson

Comment

I've been on FB for years and have reconnected with all kinds of long-lost friends there, plus making new friends and keeping up with what my family members are up to.

I have locked down the security from the beginning and allow no access to the account by any apps. I never check FB on any mobile device, strictly the web interface. I block anyone whose posts I do not want to waste time reading.

I know that won't keep me 100% safe from determined predators. but it's a start.

Comment

Working...
                    X