Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brutal Mexican Drug Cartels!

Pretty gruesome!

"The severed heads of five people have been found on top of the bonnet of a taxi in Veracruz, Mexico, local media reports say."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-42586779

Such murders are obviously meant to send a message to other drug gangs.

They are a frequent reminder of the brutality that underlies this trafficking.

Rich

Originally posted by RichD View Post
    Pretty gruesome!

"The severed heads of five people have been found on top of the bonnet of a taxi in Veracruz, Mexico, local media reports say."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-42586779

Such murders are obviously meant to send a message to other drug gangs.

They are a frequent reminder of the brutality that underlies this trafficking.

Rich
    Thank goodness these Mexican drug cartel folks never cross the border to the USA illegally.
    gary nukem

The same person who started the "Russian Collusion Conspiracy" started the " Birther Conspiracy".
    Hillary Clinton.

Comment

imagine what's going to happen now that California has made marijuana legal. they just stuck their hand into the cartel's pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by John S. View Post
        imagine what's going to happen now that California has made marijuana legal. they just stuck their hand into the cartel's pocket.
        Common sense would say the exact opposite. With it legal, the illegal cartels either have to cut their prices to compete or go to other places where they can get higher profits. Legal pot will drive a lot of foreign cartel pot out.

Donald Trump tweets he deleted:
        • The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
        • He [Obama] lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!
        • More votes equals a loss...revolution!

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post

Common sense would say the exact opposite. With it legal, the illegal cartels either have to cut their prices to compete or go to other places where they can get higher profits. Legal pot will drive a lot of foreign cartel pot out.
          it can also be seen as an "act of war" to take over their "turf". do you think they will just pack up & go away without a fight?

Comment

it can also be seen as an "act of war" to take over their "turf". do you think they will just pack up & go away without a fight?
            Yes. Since we have several states where it is legal, we have direct evidence and not meaningless speculation. Or can you show the cartel's drug wars in Colorado for example? The beheadings you mentioned? I missed that.

• He [Obama] lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!

Comment

Yes. Since we have several states where it is legal, we have direct evidence and not meaningless speculation. Or can you show the cartel's drug wars in Colorado for example? The beheadings you mentioned? I missed that.
              sure, just show me the common border with Mexico ... the tunnels they dig all the way to Colorado to smuggle their drugs in country ... the gangs that are currently fighting turf wars over a sparsely populated state, a state that does not have the weather needed to support growing their high $$$ product like they do in California state parks ...

& I'll show you why they're so upset.
              here's a little light reading from 2010 while you ponder your next "query".
              http://www.nbcnews.com/id/35940756/n.../#.Wlpl5Sgpp9k

if they are willing to do this when a % of their market is threatened, what do you think they will do when they lose the entire California market? I see crime spirally out of control, making Chicago look serene in comparison.

Comment

sure, just show me the common border with Mexico ... the tunnels they dig all the way to Colorado to smuggle their drugs in country ... the gangs that are currently fighting turf wars over a sparsely populated state, a state that does not have the weather needed to support growing their high $$$ product like they do in California state parks ...

& I'll show you why they're so upset.
                here's a little light reading from 2010 while you ponder your next "query".
                http://www.nbcnews.com/id/35940756/n.../#.Wlpl5Sgpp9k

if they are willing to do this when a % of their market is threatened, what do you think they will do when they lose the entire California market? I see crime spirally out of control, making Chicago look serene in comparison.
                Oh. You can't defend your words so you are changing the conditions. But the more fun thing to point out is how your cite doesn't support your claim again. In it is one guy that said there could be at some point a cartel influence, but he didn't point to a single case that actually exists. At the bottom of the opinion piece is a list of cases that have no given relation to your claim either.

Do you just post a cite hoping no one will actually read it? Hoping you can bluff someone into agreeing with your position?

Comment

Oh. You can't defend your words so you are changing the conditions. But the more fun thing to point out is how your cite doesn't support your claim again. In it is one guy that said there could be at some point a cartel influence, but he didn't point to a single case that actually exists. At the bottom of the opinion piece is a list of cases that have no given relation to your claim either.

Do you just post a cite hoping no one will actually read it? Hoping you can bluff someone into agreeing with your position?
                  I'm not the one that brought up Colorado, when the discussion was about California, blame yourself for going off topic.

here's some more light reading for you to do
                  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.958a88e6279f
                  http://www.newsweek.com/2018/01/19/m...na-775665.html

Comment

I'm not the one that brought up Colorado, when the discussion was about California, blame yourself for going off topic.

The OP talked about what happened in Mexico, not California. Gary mentioned the border. You brought up California. You can pretend the discussion was about California, but the problem is everyone can go back to the top of the thread and see it was not. If you want to blame yourself for going off topic that's OK with me, but don't pretend you didn't.

In case you forgot, and you have to admit you frequently change the subject as you end up not able to defend your original position, you claimed that legal marijuana was going to be a problem with the cartels now that California has made pot legal. You do remember that?

Then you give a cite (kudos for finally finding one that is kind of related to your original claim for once) that says:
                    For more than a decade, the Mexican drug cartels have been illegally growing weed in the forests of the United States...
                    But you said, "now that California has made marijuana legal" and the cite says the cartels have been there for more than a decade. Hmm. Well, I'll just keep waiting for the beheadings and all out wars. Do you think I'll have to wait long? Colorado has had legal pot for a long time and I'm still waiting there as well. Is the Armageddon going to start in 6 hours? 6 days? 6 weeks? 6 months? 6 years? 6 decades?

Comment

Originally posted by John S.

The OP talked about what happened in Mexico, not California. Gary mentioned the border. You brought up California. You can pretend the discussion was about California, but the problem is everyone can go back to the top of the thread and see it was not. If you want to blame yourself for going off topic that's OK with me, but don't pretend you didn't.

In case you forgot, and you have to admit you frequently change the subject as you end up not able to defend your original position, you claimed that legal marijuana was going to be a problem with the cartels now that California has made pot legal. You do remember that?

Then you give a cite (kudos for finally finding one that is kind of related to your original claim for once) that says:

But you said, "now that California has made marijuana legal" and the cite says the cartels have been there for more than a decade. Hmm. Well, I'll just keep waiting for the beheadings and all out wars. Do you think I'll have to wait long? Colorado has had legal pot for a long time and I'm still waiting there as well. Is the Armageddon going to start in 6 hours? 6 days? 6 weeks? 6 months? 6 years? 6 decades?
                      once again, your "clear as mud" tactics fail you. my entrance into this discussion is asking about the effects California newly legalizing marijuana for recreational use

Originally posted by John S.
                      your retention & comprehension skills are a credit to your political affiliation. the rest of your reply is pure emotional drivel

Comment

once again, your "clear as mud" tactics fail you. my entrance into this discussion is asking about the effects California newly legalizing marijuana for recreational use

your retention & comprehension skills are a credit to your political affiliation. the rest of your reply is pure emotional drivel
                        When confronted you return to your usual ad hominens I see. You changed the subject and you have no problem with that. I extended your change to include Colorado to illustrate your central theme is flawed at best and you suddenly decided that you and only you are allowed to alter the subject.

Since I seem to remember your original positions better than you do given your flights of tangents, I suspect any "retention and comprehension" problems are located directly behind your keyboard. You are a credit to the alt-right however.

Let me know when all the mayhem that you said will happen and didn't happen in any of the other states that legalized marijuana hits California. Funny how the drug cartels are so selective, according to you, in where they have a problem with legal pot.

Comment

Originally posted by gary nukem View Post

Thank goodness these Mexican drug cartel folks never cross the border to the USA illegally.
                          Right!

Of course, I still wonder about that Rhoden family massacre in Ohio a couple of years ago. Definitely, IMO, illegal drugs behind that. Marajuana was found at the scene and the murders were described as "execution style." definitely, killing all eight of them was overkill meant to send a message. The killers were pro's, too, covering their tracks well, and the murders have not yet been solved, and the cops said at one point a Mexican drug cartel could be involved. And getting involved with these drug cartels is as dangerous today as it was to get involved with the Mafia years ago!

Comment

Right!

Of course, I still wonder about that Rhoden family massacre in Ohio a couple of years ago. Definitely, IMO, illegal drugs behind that. Marajuana was found at the scene and the murders were described as "execution style." definitely, killing all eight of them was overkill meant to send a message. The killers were pro's, too, covering their tracks well, and the murders have not yet been solved, and the cops said at one point a Mexican drug cartel could be involved. And getting involved with these drug cartels is as dangerous today as it was to get involved with the Mafia years ago!
                            It has the earmarks of a Mexican drug cartel hit. But nah....
                            gary nukem

The same person who started the "Russian Collusion Conspiracy" started the " Birther Conspiracy".
                            Hillary Clinton.

Comment

It has the earmarks of a Mexican drug cartel hit. But nah....
                              I know. According to what I've read, they knew their killers because there was no forced entry and the guard dogs didn't attack - but that doesn't rule anyone out. There was evidence of drug dealing, so they knew their suppliers. So, it could have been local. But then you add the fact that most illegal MJ comes across the border from Mexico - and do the cartels have a market in Ohio? Very likely, IMO. And I do seriously doubt it was very local, because if it was, the cops would have gotten them by now. And even the FBI has been involved. So, I think it goes very deep!

Comment

I know. According to what I've read, they knew their killers because there was no forced entry and the guard dogs didn't attack - but that doesn't rule anyone out. There was evidence of drug dealing, so they knew their suppliers. So, it could have been local. But then you add the fact that most illegal MJ comes across the border from Mexico - and do the cartels have a market in Ohio? Very likely, IMO. And I do seriously doubt it was very local, because if it was, the cops would have gotten them by now. And even the FBI has been involved. So, I think it goes very deep!
                                I'm sure the FBI is working 24/7 to solve this...ha ha.
                                gary nukem

Hillary Clinton.

Comment

I'm sure the FBI is working 24/7 to solve this...ha ha.
                                  Yup...ha ha. That's about the size of it.

But what gets me about this particular murder is the relative lack of news about it - and there were more people murdered there than there were in the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre in Chicago back in the 1920's - and the public outrage at that was just phenominal. And those were mostly gangsters who were killed, too. So, where is the public outrage about this massacre in Ohio, some of whom even appear to be innocent victims, and it seems very apparent, at least to me, that it was also gang related vengeance?

Comment

Yup...ha ha. That's about the size of it.

But what gets me about this particular murder is the relative lack of news about it - and there were more people murdered there than there were in the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre in Chicago back in the 1920's - and the public outrage at that was just phenominal. And those were mostly gangsters who were killed, too. So, where is the public outrage about this massacre in Ohio, some of whom even appear to be innocent victims, and it seems very apparent, at least to me, that it was also gang related vengeance?
                                    Once the general public hears the words "marijuana plants" they loose interest and go on to the next hysterical news catastrophe. There were 600 murders in Chicago in 2017....and that's considered an improvement from the year before! who knew? people become numb hearing about "drug" related murders.
                                    gary nukem

Hillary Clinton.

Comment

This makes the NRA very mad. Obviously not enough people have guns or the numbers would be higher. Work with the NRA and get those numbers up to triple digits! Make sure being insane doesn't prevent you from having multiple guns as Comrade Trump did when he overturned President Obama's requirement that you be sane to have a gun.

You mentioned Chicago which isn't even in the top five deadliest cities. I wonder why you skipped over #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 and #7 to focus on #8?

Deaths per 100,000
                                      Cincinnati 11.0 9
                                      Chicago 12.1 8
                                      Memphis 12.7 7
                                      Kansas City (KS) 14.1 6
                                      Cleveland 14.5 5
                                      Detroit 20.2 4
                                      New Orleans 24.5 3
                                      Baltimore 27.3 2
                                      St. Louis 29.1 1
                                      Source

Comment

Once the general public hears the words "marijuana plants" they loose interest and go on to the next hysterical news catastrophe. There were 600 murders in Chicago in 2017....and that's considered an improvement from the year before! who knew? people become numb hearing about "drug" related murders.
                                        Well, Chicago had nearly three times as many homicides as New York City, and Detroit, with 1/10th the population as New York City had about the same number of homicides. But I read that St. Louis was rated the most violent city last year, with Detroit second. But I live in Michigan. and I've been in Detroit a couple of years ago, and the city is actually safe during the day for visitors. I wouldn't wander around there at night, though, but virtually all of the violence there is among locals, and a lot of the worst kind involves drugs. I can't really speak for Chicago because the last time I was there was about 7 years ago, and that was during the day in the loop and at Navy Pier. I was in St. Louis briefly about 5 years ago, and that also seemed pretty safe, too, during the day. So, I tend to think all three cities have their "bad neighborhood" issues that keep the cops busy - but they all still attract tourists and visitors, as well. So, how safe are they? Like anyplace else, you just have to use good judgment when you go there!

Comment

Working...
                                        X