Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hindu President in 2020

Ambaa Choate writes

Did you guys know that we have a potential Presidential candidate in the U.S. who is a Hindu? She is the only Hindu in Congress. Her name is Tulsi Gabbard and she is a representative from Hawaii.
    .......... And she’s super qualified.
    • She proposed the “Stop Arming Terrorists Act” (H.R. 608)
    • She said, “focus our resources on investing in and rebuilding our nation and communities here at home.”
    • She is a veteran
    • She is a business school graduate
    • During the government shut downs she did not take her salary
    Read more at http://www.patheos.com/blogs/whitehi...RXAJfGzg00L.99

That will be fun <g>

Om hari hari.
    Metpatpetet מתפתפתת
    אשרי אדם, מצא חכמה ואדם יפיק תבונה
    Proverbs 3:13

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post
      RE: Tulsi Gabbard When a false message that Hawaii was under missile attack went out, she was the one who went on Facebook pretty quickly to let people know it was a mistake.
      Shoshana

Comment

Originally posted by Shoshana View Post

RE: Tulsi Gabbard When a false message that Hawaii was under missile attack went out, she was the one who went on Facebook pretty quickly to let people know it was a mistake.
        Sounds like a winner. Think she can beat our Trump?

Comment

What's this "our Trump" business?

She's pretty impressive.
          Shoshana

Comment

Originally posted by Shoshana View Post

What's this "our Trump" business?

She's pretty impressive.
            Typo. It's supposed to read "beat out Trump". My mistake. Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

I would like to think that my neurologically damaged cat could beat Trump, but I have no faith in the electorate anymore. I still don't understand how he got the Republican nomination, much less the presidency.

Although holiday dinners have been fun since he started campaigning. My family and extended family are all "oak tree republicans" (think yellow dog democrat for definition), and while Trump was running, they were all foaming at the mouth that their party could even allow him to put his name in the hat. After the election, they were all singing his praises so much I suspected that the body snatchers had come to Omaha.

Melinda

Comment

My fear is that there is no apparent outstanding front runner in the Democratic Party, and Trump will win by default as the Democrats continue to disintegrate between a large number of mediocre candidates.

Frankly, I'm not looking to 2020. I want control of both Houses in Democratic hands this coming autumn and let Trump have temper tantrums until he goes around the bend, which I think he'll do before 2020, if his hands are tied.
                Metpatpetet מתפתפתת

Comment

Originally posted by Melinda View Post

I would like to think that my neurologically damaged cat could beat Trump, but I have no faith in the electorate anymore. I still don't understand how he got the Republican nomination, much less the presidency.

Although holiday dinners have been fun since he started campaigning. My family and extended family are all "oak tree republicans" (think yellow dog democrat for definition), and while Trump was running, they were all foaming at the mouth that their party could even allow him to put his name in the hat. After the election, they were all singing his praises so much I suspected that the body snatchers had come to Omaha.

Melinda
                  Chama: He got the nomination because there was nobody else! That's what concerns me so much about our government -- people who have a lot to offer don't want any part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chama View Post

Chama: He got the nomination because there was nobody else! That's what concerns me so much about our government -- people who have a lot to offer don't want any part of it.
                    It's funny though. When I did my research, I actually found Jeb Bush (if that's his name), to be a candidate with promise - and I really don't like the Bush family. If his big brother hadn't made it into the White House, Jeb might have had a chance. But as someone in the news noted, America has had enough of the Bush family. He chose the wrong time to run.

Metpatpetet is right, though - the democrats don't appear to be offering worth voting for (at least not yet). I'm not looking forward to the next presidential election at all.

Melinda

Comment

It's funny though. When I did my research, I actually found Jeb Bush (if that's his name), to be a candidate with promise - and I really don't like the Bush family. If his big brother hadn't made it into the White House, Jeb might have had a chance. But as someone in the news noted, America has had enough of the Bush family. He chose the wrong time to run.

Metpatpetet is right, though - the democrats don't appear to be offering worth voting for (at least not yet). I'm not looking forward to the next presidential election at all.

Melinda
                      Chama: There seems to be more of a division among Americans along with a diminution of hope for better government. Some of the names thrown about are people like The Rock whom I like but as president .... what are his real qualifications?

Comment

Chama: There seems to be more of a division among Americans along with a diminution of hope for better government. Some of the names thrown about are people like The Rock whom I like but as president .... what are his real qualifications?
                        DJ knows how to act like a nice guy, and enjoys taking the role of actively improving things, fixing things, righting wrongs, etc. Is that who he really is? If not, and he could fake it for four years (or eight) and never let on that it's against his real nature, I'd be fine with that. I don't care what he's like in real life, as long as all I have to know about is his persona and how well he keeps it up.

If Trump could have pretended to be a nice guy and someone who likes to fix things, and could have kept it up, that would've make him a less embarrassing choice for president, but he seems to _glory_ in acting like a sadistic fool, betraying people, and generally creating chaos and conflagration. I don't care if he's a pussycat in real life, I care about what he's doing. His "brand" is forever soiled by his clearly deliberate choices of being a total creep who can't be trusted.

Our good leaders aren't perfect, they just act like good leaders when called upon to do so. Trump literally can't.

Loren

Comment

He's a wrestler and a movie star - what more does he need? Look at Arnold Schwartzenegger (sp?) and Jesse Ventura. They both got elected, didn't they?

The Rock as POTUS - that one I hadn't heard. One of these days I might really have to move to Canada.

Melinda

Comment

Melinda
                            Chama: I watched Jeb's eulogy to his mother yesterday and was very impressed. I didn't like the guy much before but I did see another side of him at her funeral ceremony.

Comment

He's a wrestler and a movie star - what more does he need? Look at Arnold Schwartzenegger (sp?) and Jesse Ventura. They both got elected, didn't they?

The Rock as POTUS - that one I hadn't heard. One of these days I might really have to move to Canada.

Melinda
                              Chama: Reagan was a movie and TV star earlier. However he did have experience as governor of California but The Rock has no political experience. I don't know much about Ventura except that he hosted some type of conspiracy theories TV program after his term was up.

Comment

Chama: Reagan was a movie and TV star earlier. However he did have experience as governor of California but The Rock has no political experience. I don't know much about Ventura except that he hosted some type of conspiracy theories TV program after his term was up.
                                I'm pretty sure that the only thing Arnold and Jesse had going for them was face recognition, (and Arnold did marry a Kennedy).

How much political experience does President Trump have? Reality television and losing large chunks of his daddy's fortune - again, not much more than face recognition (and lots of controversy).

Melinda

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the only thing Arnold and Jesse had going for them was face recognition, (and Arnold did marry a Kennedy).

How much political experience does President Trump have? Reality television and losing large chunks of his daddy's fortune - again, not much more than face recognition (and lots of controversy).

Melinda
                                  Chama: None and that is a huge problem, not only with his domestic policies but with other governments. We have lost a lot of respect, for instance, from our European friends.

He's lost too many people in his government. In business, what did he care because he could always hire another person. But he's coming across as a president who's very difficult to get along with and who doesn't have enough sense to put up with people he doesn't particularly like but who are very good at what they do.

Comment

Chama: None and that is a huge problem, not only with his domestic policies but with other governments. We have lost a lot of respect, for instance, from our European friends.

Obama, IMO, was just as catastrophic for Europe, but in an entirely different way. Initially European leaders thought he was the best thing since sliced bread, but it became quickly apparent that "liberalism" too often was merely "weakness".

Of course, Europe isn't turning out the way European leaders intended, either.
                                    Metpatpetet מתפתפתת

Comment

Originally posted by Metpatpetet View Post

Of course, Europe isn't turning out the way European leaders intended, either.
                                      That has got to be the understatement of year - possibly of the decade!

Melinda

Comment

Working...
                                      X