God and Atheists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mel View Post

I don't understand your question. But you do claim to be only person in the forum who practices true Judaism.
    I made no such claim. You claim I'm the only Orthodox member.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph View Post

You claim I'm the only Orthodox member.
      You are. I know these things.

Comment

You are. I know these things.
        What are parnoss and Shoshana, if not Orthodox? (Met said she doesn't identify as Orthodox in lifestyle but her belief system is Orthodox.)

Comment

Right now when it comes to this forum and who is and isn't Orthodox you be the only one.
          Waves hand - Hey what about me? I have been observant all my life, and would be labeled "Orthodox" if I liked labels.

Shoshana

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoshana View Post
            Waves hand - Hey what about me? I have been observant all my life, and would be labeled "Orthodox" if I liked labels.
            I thought of you. I know your observant but I don't recall you ever calling yourself 'Orthodox".
            Chaya and Irv were Orthodox. I thought you were more conservative than orthodox.
            Now, Joseph claims only the Orthodox practice true Judaism. Do you agree with him?

Comment

I thought of you. I know your observant but I don't recall you ever calling yourself 'Orthodox".
              Chaya and Irv were Orthodox. I thought you were more conservative than orthodox.
              Now, Joseph claims only the Orthodox practice true Judaism. Do you agree with him?
              As I said, I don't like labels but my observance fits into the Orthodox box. I don't like using labels like "Torah true" Judaism. To me, it sounds stupid. Are there people who conscientiously, with all the background necessary to make informed decisions, practice differently than I do? Yes. And I can respect that. But too many people have no idea what they are rejecting. Those who tell me that they reject such and such because of ... but they can't read Hebrew and grapple with the text and commentaries, they, I do not respect.

Then again, he who is more observant than you is a religious fanatic and the one less observant is an apikoris (basically, one who has rejected observance - from the Greek Epicurus)
              Shoshana

Comment

Thanks for the response to my comments.

Comment

Thanks for the response to my comments.
                  Will you now concede I'm not the only Orthodox member here, considering Shoshana and parnoss?

Comment

Will you now concede I'm not the only Orthodox member here, considering Shoshana and parnoss?
                    Mark is Orthodox? I've seen him put that claim into print. Have you?

Shoshana, hey, look at that, she's not going by her old forum name. I mean she signed her posts Shoshana but her handle was a different name. But back to the conversation. Shoshana is Orthodox if you like labels, or so she claimed. I'm not sure if I like labels so I'm not sure if she is Orthodox.

But believe me, I make a lot of mistakes and I admit to most of them. Pert near everyone in the forum knows where I live. Did you say you lived outside the USA?

Comment

Mark is Orthodox? I've seen him put that claim into print. Have you?

Shoshana, hey, look at that, she's not going by her old forum name. I mean she signed her posts Shoshana but her handle was a different name. But back to the conversation. Shoshana is Orthodox if you like labels, or so she claimed. I'm not sure if I like labels so I'm not sure if she is Orthodox.

But believe me, I make a lot of mistakes and I admit to most of them. Pert near everyone in the forum knows where I live. Did you say you lived outside the USA?
                      No, hadn't said that.

I also hate labels, so like Shoshana, only call me Orthodox if you insist on labels. I prefer otherwise; simply call me Jewish.

I can read between the kosher tea leaves, or between the lines if you will, and am confident in Mark's Orthodoxy. But Shoshana explicitly confirmed it after I pointed it out before her so saying, so if as you say you admit to your mistakes you can now do so for this one.

Comment

I also hate labels, so like Shoshana, only call me Orthodox if you insist on labels.
                        Odd, you're the one who first brought up the topic of being Orthodox. Orthodox you are, Orthodox only true religion, Orthodox schools, and on and on. Now you no longer want to use the label Orthodox. Fine with me. Not that you're asking for my permission.

Comment

But Shoshana explicitly confirmed it after I pointed it out before her so saying, so if as you say you admit to your mistakes you can now do so for this one.
                          I'm not so sure what she said. If I feel a need to know more I'll ask her. She knows I'm a Rocky Mountain Jew.

Comment

I can read between the kosher tea leaves, or between the lines if you will, and am confident in Mark's Orthodoxy.
                            "We see things not as they are but as we are."
                            Immanuel Kant
                            https://www.forumania.com/forum/reli...-the-day/page2

Comment

Odd, you're the one who first brought up the topic of being Orthodox. Orthodox you are, Orthodox only true religion, Orthodox schools, and on and on. Now you no longer want to use the label Orthodox. Fine with me. Not that you're asking for my permission.
                              The only one to whom it is important whether someone is Orthodox or not is God. [I presume He cares although that is open to question, as we have no way of knowing. I tend to think He cares more about sincerity and integrity than seeking miniscule ways to observe halacha ever more strictly. I could be wrong]
                              Metpatpetet מתפתפתת
                              אשרי אדם, מצא חכמה ואדם יפיק תבונה
                              Proverbs 3:13

Comment

Shoshana, hey, look at that, she's not going by her old forum name. I mean she signed her posts Shoshana but her handle was a different name.
                                I'm using the same email sign in to access the system and the same name "Shoshana", so any change is a product of the new software that doesn't use one's email name as part of one's signature.
                                Shoshana

Comment

I'm using the same email sign in to access the system and the same name "Shoshana", so any change is a product of the new software that doesn't use one's email name as part of one's signature.
                                  Could be. I don't know much about such things. I did change my email provider right before the software change. Both Mezi and Tom had to hunt me down because I didn't update my old forum information. Is that Connie Francis I hear singing "Who's sorry now"?

Comment

Working...
                                  X