Lawyers, accountants, and strippers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyers, accountants, and strippers

Should I be concerned if my accountant and my lawyer both date the same stripper?

I thought both accountants and lawyers are strippers -- they just remove cash, rather than clothes.
    Metpatpetet מתפתפתת
    אשרי אדם, מצא חכמה ואדם יפיק תבונה
    Proverbs 3:13

Comment

Originally posted by Metpatpetet View Post
      I thought both accountants and lawyers are strippers -- they just remove cash, rather than clothes.
      Chama: Good one! By George, I think you've got it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post
        Should I be concerned if my accountant and my lawyer both date the same stripper?
        I saw the title and thought that perhaps Ron had made it over, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeofallbirds View Post

I had an old TV program on for white noise the other day and suddenly heard someone on the TV say, "It should have been a red flag when my money manager started dating a stripper". You can't make this stuff up.

Comment

Cone has posted in this forum.
            Link: (https://www.forumania.com/forum/reli...95-fossil-news)

I thought he might be Ron, aka that Catholic from N.J.
            I found that comment humorous in an ironic sort of way.

I'm going to try something and see if it works. Cone is that you, Ron?

Comment

Ron seems to be the only major player who didn't make the shift. I wish he would.

MK

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kirkpatrick View Post
                Ron seems to be the only major player who didn't make the shift. I wish he would.

MK
                Speak of the devil and he doth appear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron View Post

Hey, Ron, good to see you. The software here might take some getting used to (if you aren't using vbulletin somewhere else, at least) but it does seem to work pretty well.

You seem to have the quote mechanism already, so I'm guessing you'll find it pretty straightforward. One big difference seems to be that messages are just added to the thread, they aren't actually in reply to some other particular message. But the quoting mechanism as you've used it does do a bit of threading. You can click on the little blue icon after the name of the person quoted to get back to that message.

If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Who was this clone fella from NJ who posted about moths? If he's not you he stole your moniker.

https://www.forumania.com/member/125-cone

Comment

Ron, you devil you. I'm glad to see you.

Your avatar looks like William Shatner.

MK

Comment

Oh goody. The forum is addictive, isn't it?
                        Metpatpetet מתפתפתת

Comment

Hey, Ron, good to see you. The software here might take some getting used to (if you aren't using vbulletin somewhere else, at least) but it does seem to work pretty well.

You seem to have the quote mechanism already, so I'm guessing you'll find it pretty straightforward. One big difference seems to be that messages are just added to the thread, they aren't actually in reply to some other particular message. But the quoting mechanism as you've used it does do a bit of threading. You can click on the little blue icon after the name of the person quoted to get back to that message.

If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask.
                          Thank you, Mike. Good to see all the old familiar "faces".

Comment

Ron, you devil you. I'm glad to see you.

Your avatar looks like William Shatner.

MK
                            Thanks, Mark. William Shatner and I share the distinction of having been born without a neck.

Comment

Oh goody. The forum is addictive, isn't it?
                              Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. -- Michael Corleone (Al Pacino)

Comment

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. -- Michael Corleone (Al Pacino)
                                Nice guy, Al Pacino. Had a beer with him once [just name dropping <g>. I was dating a friend of his]
                                Metpatpetet מתפתפתת

Comment

Nice guy, Al Pacino. Had a beer with him once [just name dropping <g>. I was dating a friend of his]
                                  An old flying friend of mine married Robert De Niro. Grace Hightower is her name.

MK

Comment

An old flying friend of mine married Robert De Niro. Grace Hightower is her name.

MK
                                    This is beginning to be like a poker game. I wrote all of Dickie Rusk's English lit. papers in high school [he was an idiot]. His father was Dean Rusk, then Secretary of State.
                                    Metpatpetet מתפתפתת

Comment

Not Luca Brasi, I hope.

Comment

Not Luca Brasi, I hope.
                                        No, one of NY's Finest, who grew up with him. We had a giant coffee urn in the nurses' station of the labor and delivery unit of Beth Israel Hospital, and whenever cops brought someone into the ER, they'd come upstairs for a cup of coffee.

But in my childhood, my next door neighbors in Washington DC were a Sicilian family who often had as guests another family they'd known from Little Italy. The father was a musician, and the two men would play the piano and sing opera, while the older son, and the son of the other family, who were both 4 years older than I, would go out for ice cream, and often take me. I knew the boy as "Franny". The father was Carmine Coppola, and the boy's full name was Francis Ford Coppola. I don't ever remember meeting the mother or Franny's sister Talia [Shire], though.

During the years I lived in NYC, my best girlfriend was the mistress of one of the major capos in the Columbo Family. I've got some interesting anecdotes about that.
                                        Metpatpetet מתפתפתת

Comment

Working...
                                        X