Saudi Arabia allows women at football game for first time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi Arabia allows women at football game for first time

"Saudi Arabia has for the first time allowed women to spectate at a football match, part of an easing of strict rules on gender separation by the ultra-conservative Muslim country."

I'm waiting for it to come around full circle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cropped-548x331_afghan_women_1970s_via_twitter.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.0 KB ID:	19893

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42668841

Originally posted by Mel View Post
    "Saudi Arabia has for the first time allowed women to spectate at a football match, part of an easing of strict rules on gender separation by the ultra-conservative Muslim country."

I'm waiting for it to come around full circle.

Click image for larger version Name:	cropped-548x331_afghan_women_1970s_via_twitter.jpg Views:	1 Size:	137.0 KB ID:	19893

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42668841

The Kings of Saudi Arabia, at least the last two, appear to be enlightened and ahead of the Wahabi establishment. I believe King Salman will administer a yearly dose of nauseating reforms to his Wahabi clerics. Tough time ahead for Wahabis. They better gear up. They may be treated to uncovered women in less than two decades

Comment

Originally posted by Juin View Post

The Kings of Saudi Arabia, at least the last two, appear to be enlightened and ahead of the Wahabi establishment. I believe King Salman will administer a yearly dose of nauseating reforms to his Wahabi clerics. Tough time ahead for Wahabis. They better gear up. They may be treated to uncovered women in less than two decades
      I feel quite sure there will be a backlash. Men won't give up power so easily. Just look what's happening in Turkey. The veil was prohibited less than 100 years ago, and it's well on the way back.
      Metpatpetet מתפתפתת
      אשרי אדם, מצא חכמה ואדם יפיק תבונה
      Proverbs 3:13

Comment

Originally posted by Metpatpetet View Post

I feel quite sure there will be a backlash. Men won't give up power so easily. Just look what's happening in Turkey. The veil was prohibited less than 100 years ago, and it's well on the way back.

I cannot agree with you more. If the past is any indication of the future, a push back is more likely than further progress

Comment

Working...
        X