Say Hi to Kolob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say Hi to Kolob

So, for all you members of the Lord’s true Church, do you know anyone with a first name of “Kolob?”
    A former member of our ward came for a visit with his wife and their first baby. The dad said to us, “Say hi to Kolob!” Yep, he named his baby Kolob.

Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post
    So, for all you members of the Lord’s true Church, do you know anyone with a first name of “Kolob?”
    A former member of our ward came for a visit with his wife and their first baby. The dad said to us, “Say hi to Kolob!” Yep, he named his baby Kolob.
    Major Major Major Major might not approve.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post

Major Major Major Major might not approve.
      GR: Reminds me of Johnny Cash’s song “A boy named Sue.”

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post

GR: Reminds me of Johnny Cash’s song “A boy named Sue.”
        Shel Silverstein wrote the song. He also wrote "Penicillin Penny", the "Queen of the Silver Dollar", and "Sylivia's Mother". And he wrote what many call the number one children's book of all time; "The giving tree".

Comment

Shel Silverstein wrote the song.
          And won a Grammy for it. What a genius.
          He also wrote "Penicillin Penny", the "Queen of the Silver Dollar", and "Sylivia's Mother".
          And many, many more. He's in the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame.
          And he wrote what many call the number one children's book of all time; "The giving tree".
          But don't forget "Where the Sidewalk Ends."

Comment

Originally posted by mikeofallbirds View Post

GR: Let’s get straight and be prepared to hie to Kolob :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mikeofallbirds View Post

Shel Silverstein's life is quite a story. The very short story is that Silvia broke his heart and he suffered greatly emotionally for years writing songs like "Penicillin Penny" and hanging out with Ray et al. Then he met the true love of his life, married, and if I remember correctly, within a year she died of cancer. Instead of withdrawing and returning to his life of old he went on to write some of the best children's books of all time. It's almost as if finding unconditional made him whole, complete, and content. All of which gave him a reason to live and make the world a better place. I try to think of Shel once in while when everything in my life turns to crap and I wonder why I should even be alive.

Comment

Then he met the true love of his life, married, and if I remember correctly, within a year she died of cancer.
                Not quite. I don't think it's actually known if they did get married, and it was the day before their daughter Shoshanna's fifth birthday that she died. And the Shoshanna died when he she was eleven.

Instead of withdrawing and returning to his life of old he went on to write some of the best chI try to think of Shel once in while when everything in my life turns to crap and I wonder why I should even be alive.
                He's not a bad one to think on.

Comment

Working...
                X