Jehovah's Witness sexual abuse suspect arrested

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jehovah's Witness sexual abuse suspect arrested

I don't know what to make of this. I'm thinking this a variant of the Mormon/Boy Scout sex abuse scandals of the 90's. The Mormon Church made a lot of mistakes that hurt a lot of people but in the end the Church survived and experienced great growth. The victims, not so much.

The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office arrested Jeshua Drake, 43, on sexual abuse charges on Tuesday.

Deputies said Drake’s charges stem from incidents that happened over twenty years ago between 1991 and 1993 when he and the victim were both Jehovah's Witnesses from the Sandy congregation.

The Sandy Police Department believes there may be more victims.

http://www.kptv.com/story/37498850/s...n-clackamas-co

Originally posted by Mel View Post
    I don't know what to make of this. I'm thinking this a variant of the Mormon/Boy Scout sex abuse scandals of the 90's. The Mormon Church made a lot of mistakes that hurt a lot of people but in the end the Church survived and experienced great growth. The victims, not so much.
    If I did the math right, this is based on things that happened when he was 16-18. Doesn't seem like he would have been in a position of authority, but there is no hint about the age of the victim(s).

There really isn't enough information to know what to make of it.

Comment

Working...
    X